Teenage girls are overly conscious about their growth and weight. Teenage girls weight loss and gains are a part of normal growth and development. Previously inactive hormones are acting up. There are no standards or set patterns to monitor growth during teenage years. Every teenager's body grows in unique ways.
As a teenage girl, do not set your objective to be a Paris Hilton or a Milla Jovovich. They are like that because of their body structure. You need to have normal growth during your teenage for a healthy adulthood. Cutting off specific food groups will deprive you of essential nutrients. Deficiency in essential nutrients leads to many complications.
If you feel that you are overweight, consult your health care provider. They are able to judge whether or not your weight is excessive and if you need to lose weight. Diet programs for Weight loss for anyone need to be carefully managed, more so in the case of teens with their growing bodily demands. Professional supervision is desirable in teen girls weight loss programs.
If you decide to lose weight anyhow, remember that there are no short cuts or instant solutions. Fad diets and fasting are not at all recommended for teen girls weight loss. Fasting deprives a growing body of much needed food for energy and the body turns on its own tissues. Digestive juices produced by the stomach turn into harmful acids.
Carefully controlling calorie intake to match your burn rate is considered best practice for losing weight. Dietitians or medical practitioners have the required techniques and knowledge to calculate Lean Body Mass (bare weight of your bones, muscles, organs and tissues), Basal Metabolic rate (the rate at which your body burn calories while at rest), etc and calculate calorie intake for teen girls weight loss.
If you feel that your weight is not excessive and you do not need professional supervision, there are some routines which can help in teen girls weight loss. Always remember that teen girls weight loss cannot be achieved overnight and that it needs patience and perseverance.
1. First and foremost, you must regulate meal times. Eating at regular intervals keeps your body satisfied and reduces cravings. Schedule your meals and stick to those schedules. Once your body is adjusted to the set schedules, it will prompt you for food only at the scheduled times. You will be able to eat what you have set in your teen girls weight loss diet. The body will not crave for food untimely and you will not be tempted to eat junk or fast food.
2. Secondly, eat healthy according to your weight loss program. Stay away from:
- processed foods, canned meat and fish, ready to eat meals
- baked and fried items, cookies, dough nuts
- high calorie-content drinks, caffeinated and carbonated, sugary drinks
- high fat meats, steaks, ham
3. Use salads consisting of leafy vegetables and roots like carrots and turnips with every meal. These will be filling and help you ingest lots of vitamins and minerals.
4. Physical activities help you burn a lot of calories. Instead of using your car or cab, take a walk if the distance is not too long and the area is safe and secure from muggings and accidents. Use stairs as much as possible instead of elevators to achieve success in your teen girls weight loss endeavor.